Requirements for Eligibility and Recognition of Activity Groups within Calgary Bulgarian Society for the purpose of applying for AGLC or internal society funding and/or being recognized and promoted on the society’s social media:
CBS is registered as a not-for-profit organization under Alberta Societies Act with its main purpose being:
– To preserve and enhance Bulgarian tradition, heritage, and culture and unite Bulgarians in Calgary.
– To popularize our culture and language
– To teach Bulgarian language to our children
– To help newcomers with information
– To further develope contacts with other communities through social, cultural and business activities
– To organize celebrations of national and traditional holidays
As such, CBS shall offer educational and cultural programs and activities to the community at large.
For a group of members of CBS to be recognized as an Activity Group under CBS and be eligible for funding, either from AGLC or from the society funds, or to be recognized and promoted on the society’s social media,it has to submit formal application to the Board of Directors of CBS for approval following these requirements:
1. The Group has to submit a comprehensive description of its activities and purpose.
2. The Group should clearly show that it works to further the main purpose of the society. (stated above)
3. The Group needs to show that it provides benefits with these activities to all members of the community at large.
4. The Group is open for all society members and the community at large.
5. Underage participants need to have a parent, who is an active member of the society.
6. The Group needs to show that it has the support and participation of at least 10 voting society members.
7. The Group has been active with programs and activities for a minimum of two years.
8. The Group provides future program, plan and activities for a year.
9. The Group has a Coordinator who acts as a liaison with the CBS Board of Directors and is responsible for updating the Board with all documents, financials, membership list, plans, preparation of budget, events participation etc., when funding is required.
10. The Coordinator of the Group is elected by the group members.
11. The Coordinator of the Group reports to CBS Board of Directors.
12. The Group, seeking funding, is required to volunteer certain hours per year for Society events. Hours will be determined on per need basis.
13. If the Group wishes to apply for funding through the casino account, it will require sending volunteers for Casino Events: at least 30% of its members. Casino Events are scheduled about every year and a half.
14. Groups will undergo review by the Society Board of Directors once a year to ensure their adherence to the Eligibility Criteria.
15. The Group will need to comply with the accounting requirements set by the society’s Bylaws and the office of Treasurer. (Requirements will be published separately).
16. The Society, represented by the Board of Directors, reserves the rights to discontinue support of a Group, if it is found that it does not adhere to the Eligibility Criteria.